Pupil Development Grant
The Pupil Development Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following:
- to identify the target group of pupils - characteristics and needs
- to Implement provision to ensure higher levels of achievement
- to monitor and evaluate progress
In 2020-21 Ysgol Llannon was provided with a PDG allocation of
At Ysgol Llannon we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
- provide intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact and to be sustainable- provide specific high quality training for school staff, including- Hwb Ymlaen, Dyfal Donc, Llythrennau a Synau etc.
- Provide various experiences e.g. Mad Scientist, Llangrannog, Jambori and various educational visits.